Is my place on the trip guaranteed?
When the minimum amount of participants is reached and you have paid your initial deposit then your place is saved! Please see the cancelation policy for more information.
Participation is on a first come first serve basis. We have room for 30 Happy Travelers on this program!
My passport will expire AFTER we return from our trip, is that ok?
- Your passport MUST be current for 6 months AFTER the date you arrive back in the USA
- If it expires while abroad you will not be admitted back into the USA with an expired passport
- NOTE: Airlines will sell you a ticket EVEN if the country traveling to won't allow you in the country due to a passport that may expire sooner than the requisite 6-month timeline....buyer beware!
Can I use my American ATM/Debit card while abroad?
- Check to be sure that your credit and debit cards will not expire while abroad
- Alert your debit card and credit card companies or banks that you will be traveling abroad
- Be sure your credit and debits cards won't expire for at least 3 months AFTER you return to the USA
- To access your CHECKING account while abroad be sure your debit card's pin code is not longer than 4 digits. Some countries do not allow pin codes longer than 4 digits
- Your checking account is from a major American bank
- It is NOT possible to access a savings account while abroad. Check with your banker to be sure you will be able to use your ATM/Debit card while abroad
FYI Credit Unions often offer the lowest (or no) fee for currency exchange and ATM usage fees
Savings accounts can not be accessed while traveling abroad
Do you recommend Travelers Checks?
The most convenient and cost-effective way to access money while abroad is through the use of a debt/ATM card.
Simply stick your American Debt/ATM card into a European ATM machine and out comes... euro!!
Before embarking on the trip The Happy Traveler US will email an information sheet called "Money Matters"
I was born outside of the USA. Do I need a visa for the county(s) we are visiting?
If you have a non-USA passport or are a non-USA resident it is your responsibility to discover all necessary travel documents. If you discover a Visa is needed please be sure you apply for one immediately. Be sure to allow ample time to receive your proper travel documents and provide a copy of them to The Happy Traveler US